地元の料理 local cuisine

#PR

※当サイトはアフィリエイト広告を利用しています。

This website contains affiliate links. We may earn a commission at no extra cost to you.

福岡の10年と豚骨ラーメン:匂いへの衝撃と「旨さ」の発見

親の転勤で福岡に10年間住んでいました。福岡といえば「豚骨ラーメン」ですが、転校当初、その強烈な匂いには圧倒されました。店の前を通るだけで胸焼けがするような感覚で、幼心に驚いたものです。

中学生になり、新しい友人たちと過ごす中で「豚骨ラーメンを食べに行こうぜ!」と誘われました。「余計なことを言いやがって!」と心の中で叫びつつ連れ出されたのですが、恐る恐る口にしてみると……「これ、美味いじゃん!?」と衝撃を受けたことを今でも覚えています。ご存知の通り、今では一蘭のように世界へ羽ばたく日本の食文化となりました。

それからは豚骨ラーメンに夢中になりましたが、当時は少し困ったこともありました。当時は天神のような中心部を除くと、醤油や味噌ラーメンを出す店がほとんど見当たらないほど、豚骨一色の土地柄だったのです。今は随分と多様化しているのでしょうが、あの「豚骨一択」の状況は当時のリアルな福岡の姿でした。

また、豚骨とは別に私は「長崎ちゃんぽん」も大好きです。関東のリンガーハットは有名ですが、長崎ちゃんぽん自体はまだ全国的な認知度を伸ばせるポテンシャルがあると感じています。

English

I lived in Fukuoka for 10 years as a student. Back then, just walking past a tonkotsu ramen shop was overwhelming because of the strong smell. However, after being dragged to a shop by my middle school friends, I was shocked to find that it was actually delicious! Since then, tonkotsu ramen has become a global phenomenon, with chains like Ichiran leading the way.

There was a funny reality back then, though: outside of the Tenjin area, it was nearly impossible to find shops serving shoyu or miso ramen. Everything was tonkotsu! Aside from tonkotsu, I also love Nagasaki champon, which I think still has a lot of room to gain more recognition across Japan compared to what we see in the Kanto region.

コメント